Saturday, August 10, 2013

MUSICAL WINDOWS



Good gravy.  Or should I say "soup."

I came home today after being in school for hours (days).  The windows were still closed from last night when the air conditioners were turned on. The weather when I left school five towns away was thick and rainy.  The air when I arrived home was rainy but cooler and breezy.

You know what comes next.  I know that you know. 

I made that near-fatal mistake:  I started playing Musical Windows.

Well, not at first.  At first I turned on the a/c, determined not to fall prey to the potentially sticky weather, just in case.  But I got cold, so I shut off the a/c units.  Then the house steamed up, so I opened the windows.  Of course what followed is that the house cooled down.  A short while later, I noticed it getting very, VERY humid and sticky in here, air thick as soup, so I shut the windows all over again, and I turned on the a/c.

On.     Closed.     Off.     Open.     On.     Closed.

Geez, Mother Nature, make up your flipping mind.  And people say I'm menopausal.